It is important to have proper expectations going into any hair appointment. Beautiful results take time, materials and budget.The simplest color may take several sessions to accomplish. For appointments to be successful, open communication and patience is optimal.
At Balayage Boutique we will not compromise the integrity of the hair to achieve "instant" results. If your hair is not capable of being altered in the manner that you are imagining, we will be completely honest with you at the time of your consultation, and give you our professional options. We charge based on our years of expertise, quality materials, and our valuable time. No salon can guarantee results, but we are 100% confident that if your dream hair can be achieved in a healthy process, we can make it happen!
When your hair is lightened, your natural undertone is going to show through. One 2-3 hour session is going to give you 1-3 levels of lift. Any service exceeding a 3 hour session is considered a color correction.
If your hair is black, dark brown, or medium brown, you have a red undertone.
If your hair is light brown, dark blonde, medium blonde, you have an orange undertone.
If your hair is light blonde to pale blonde, your undertone is yellow.
When your hair is lightened, your natural undertone is going to show through. Your hair can be toned to cancel your natural undertones, but toners last 4-8 weeks, so consistency in appointments is key to maintain your desired look.
Caring for your results is an important part of the process. Here are the best steps to protect your investment:
1. Use professional products, they are the best quality out there. Cheap drug store products can be harsh and harmful to your hair and your color. Why ruin
2. Protect your hair in the sun as sun brings out natural undertones.
3. Hard water can strip your hair of color. Investing in a water softener can make a difference.
4. Do not use box colors. Drug stores do not sell quality products.
5. Be patient in the process. Color transition can take time.
6. Pre-book follow up appointments to guarantee maintenance. Maintenance time will vary depending on your hair.